The 2016 African Track Championships will be held from Monday 15 February to Friday 19 February 2016 at Casablanca Track, Morocco.
Casablanca Track : Outdoor concrete velodrome, 333.33m
Age Categories : Juniors and Elite, male and female
Entry Criteria : The Championships are open to National teams, UCI registered teams, Provincial Teams and Club teams. Provincial and Club entries will require the endorsement of their Provincial Coach/Selector before their entries are accepted.
|Men(Juniors and Elite)
||Women(Juniors and Elite)
|1Km Time Trial
||500m Time Trial
|Omnium – Elite men only
||Omnium – Elite women only
Team events :
All Nations are encouraged to enter teams for the team pursuit and team sprint events, but entries will be accepted from provincial, sponsored and club teams, with the Nation having first call on their respective riders
Mass Start events : All mass start events will be limited to 36 starters(20 teams for the Madison). No heats will be held for mass start events. National team entries will have priority in the event of maximum allowable entries being exceeded.
Women’s events : Depending on entries the junior women’s mass start events could be combined with the elite women’s events. In this case only second year juniors will be eligible to score UCI ranking points.
The maximum participation per team shall be the following:
Medals will be awarded to the first three places but UCI ranking points will be limited to the maximum allowable entry per nation, e.g. in the 1KM time trial where there are 2 entries allowed per nation, a nation can only score a maximum of points for two riders.
Race program : See the program attached.
Each day consists of two sessions:
• A morning session
• An afternoon session
Meetings and Registration – Monday 15 February 2016
The managers’ and technical meetings will be held on Monday 15 February 2016 at the velodrome.
All team managers are required to attend registration and the managers’ meeting.
• Commissaire's panel and technical meeting : 14:00 to 15:00
• Registration : 15:30 to 17:00
• Team managers’ meeting : 17:00
Team managers are reminded of the following:
• Managers are to have the licences of all competing cyclists and the officials in their team. All licences must be signed by the holder.
• All members to have an International UCI licence issued by their national federation.
• All team members and officials must be registered with their respective UCI affiliated Federation
• Managers must produce a sample of the clothing their cyclists will be wearing
• All riders need to have their bikes inspected, riders who may fall outside the normal measurements note re: morphological rule should be raised at permanence.